1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.