1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may obtain a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.