1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
4. When a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and would use a coupon code.
5. If you are going to be doing some online shopping, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on the card in the event the number is stolen.