1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make certain you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.