1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always high quality and updated. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers along with other shady types who try to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.