1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you opt for the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on a much better deal someplace else.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
5. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use this all information to determine if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, along with your area prior to placing an order.