1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. If you want to save money on the products you buy online and would like to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.