1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. While shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.