1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.