1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are in the up or higher and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. If you like an internet store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one which will save you the most money.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.