1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose the one that will save you the most money.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.