1. When you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
3. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your items and in case there are free freight options available to you.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.