1. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are selecting a site to shop from. If you don't feel at ease providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a secure page when you're adding your bank card information.
4. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.