1. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
3. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are in the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.