1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
5. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.