1. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
5. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the primary site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.