1. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. If you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
4. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings to suit your needs as you may get a discount in the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.