1. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.