1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to deliver.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.