1. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
2. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. If you want to save money on the products you purchase online and would like to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.