1. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a broad swerve.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
3. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.