1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.