1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. Online shopping is a terrific way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
4. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
5. When you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.