1. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. While shopping online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
4. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.