1. If you are intending to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.