1. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.