1. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
5. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and wish to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals in the event you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.