1. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
4. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
5. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.