1. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals in the event you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.