1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always top-notch and updated. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who try to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" in the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.