1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
5. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.