1. While shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are currently considering buying from. You can get information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed more than you should have.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.