1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
4. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
5. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.