1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.