1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
2. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
5. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.