1. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all this information to decide if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, along with your area prior to placing an order.
3. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you the most money.