1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a wide swerve.
3. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.