1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on a better deal elsewhere.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.