1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.