1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.