1. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.