1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. Shop around while shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you can.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.