1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
2. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.