1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.
2. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. A fantastic tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.