1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.
3. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.