1. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
3. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.