1. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.