1. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
5. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.