1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You should visit their profile and search for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Tend not to hesitate to contact the seller to question a few questions about the product you are looking at.