1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.