1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
3. When a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a discount code.
4. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.