1. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you personally as you may get a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.